- Laundry Tips for Your Favorite T-ShirtPosted 120 days ago
- Close 2012 In Style With Kiyonna (And Save 50% On All Sale Items)Posted 145 days ago
- 100 Years of Women’s FashionPosted 156 days ago
- Fashion Ideas For The 9-5 WorkersPosted 157 days ago
- Confidence and Comfort Never Go Out of StylePosted 158 days ago
- Four Staples for Any WardrobePosted 159 days ago
- The Right Attire for Black-Tie Holiday EventsPosted 160 days ago
- What To Buy Your Husband This ChristmasPosted 161 days ago
- How to Wear Tights: Winter’s Hottest Fashion AccessoryPosted 191 days ago
- How To Choose A Winter CoatPosted 198 days ago
What’s Hot for Prom 2012 Dresses: Top 10 Trends from Sydney’s Closet
The expert fashion stylists at Sydney’s Closet unveil their list of top fashion trends for 2012 Prom dresses.
It only happens once in a lifetime so fashion savvy teens going to Prom 2012 insist on only the trendiest Prom dresses.
“Right now hot dresses range from dazzling sequins to high-low skirts to sassy, short Prom styles,” says Phyllis Brasch Librach, president and founder of Sydney’s Closet, a St. Louis-based company that designs plus size Prom dresses. Also in big demand: flowing chiffon formal gowns embellished with oversized stones and beading,” says Librach.
For teens on the hunt for the perfect 2012 Prom dress, it’s a real fashion jungle out there. Animal prints in updated patterns and dramatic colors are super popular. “The girls love SC7011, a dress we just had to name ‘Animal Magnetism’,” says Librach. “The abstract print chiffon dress combines bursts of orange and purple with leopard spots. The unexpected combination makes a very bold fashion statement.”
For the girl who dreams of being the Prom Princess who charms Prince Charming, only a ball gown will do for the big night. “Our best-selling ball gown, SC3018, is a tulle A-line strapless with a figure-flattering pleated waistband in rich jewel tones,” says Librach. “We know one reason ‘Starry Nights’ is flying out the door is that the dress was featured in February 2012 issue of O, The Oprah magazine.”
Every year the fashion stylists at Sydney’s Closet round up what’s hot for Prom dresses. For Prom 2012, they share these Top Ten Prom dress trends:
- Glisten Up! Shining sequins in every color of the rainbow sparkle on and off the dance floor.
- Net Effect! Tulle takes over taffeta for the must-have fabric on any Cinderella ball gown.
- Fashion Scoop! Dish up yummy shades of ice cream flavors like pistachio or blueberry for a delicious look.
- Short Story! Forget going to great lengths to be on trend. Short Prom dresses above the knee are so sexy and in.
- Mirror, Mirror! Geometric shapes of chunky stones and gems create a trendy reflection of your fashion power.
- Jungle Fever! Wild animal prints in colorful combinations are sure to get noticed in the fashion kingdom.
- Dangerous Curves! Mermaid style Prom dresses show off your great curves in body-hugging designs.
- Make Waves! Ruffles create an oh-so frilly detail when layered on skirts or just accenting a strap.
- White On! Why wait until you walk down the aisle? Prom is a great night to wear white or off white and stand out in a sea of color.
- Get Spotted! Huge polka dots that burst with color in eye-catching hues make for a playful look.
About Sydney’s Closet
Librach, an award-winning journalist, traded deadlines for hemlines to launch Sydney’s Closet after her daughter failed to find a plus size Prom dress that flattered her curvy figure. Today, Sydney’s Closet designs, distributes and sells plus size dresses for teens and women ages 16 to 60 who wear sizes 14 to 40. Customers across the US and around the world dress up for once-in-a-lifetime celebrations wearing Sydney’s Closet fashion-forward original designs. For 2012, Sydney’s Closet Signature Collection features prom gowns, evening formals, cocktail dresses and informal wedding dresses in hard-to-find plus sizes. The collection, sold under the Sydney’s Closet label, is available online at http://www.sydneyscloset.com, at the company’s flagship store in St. Louis and more than a 100 fine specialty shops in the US, Canada and Mexico.