- 6 Vivacious Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas (by Ashley Stewart)Posted 1 year ago
- Available Now: The New Sizzling GabiFresh for Swim Sexy 2016 CollectionPosted 1 year ago
- SWAK Designs Holiday Bliss LookbookPosted 1 year ago
- Stunning Holiday Styles from Kiyonna (Our 9 Top Picks)Posted 1 year ago
- How to Mix & Match The Easy WayPosted 1 year ago
- How to Measure Yourself When Ordering a Plus Size DressPosted 1 year ago
- Should Plus Size Women Wear Pencil or A-Line Skirts?Posted 1 year ago
- Pretty Prom: Emma by Sydney’s ClosetPosted 3 years ago
- How To Dress A Busty Hour Glass Figure Stylishly!Posted 3 years ago
- Wedding Wednesday: Ready for Romance by Sydney’s ClosetPosted 3 years ago
Holy Holistics: 5 Fabulous Facial Treatments for Natural Beauties
We all love the luxury of having a day spent lounging at the spa receiving massages, pedicures and facial treatments, but sometimes it’s hard to find time in our hectic lives (or budgets) to schedule an appointment. In order to maintain our beautiful skin, we sometimes have to do a little self-pampering at home between our appointments with the professionals.
Facial masks are one way to help moisturize and tone the skin between spa visits, and they’re simpler to make than you think. Many of the ingredients are likely sitting in your pantry or refrigerator right now.
Here are a few favorite all-natural facial masks to help preserve your glowingly gorgeous skin until you have time to schedule a spa day:
1. Yogurt and Oatmeal Soothing Face Mask
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons ground oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon honey
Stir the ingredients together very well and apply to face. Leave on face for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water. Gently apply your favorite moisturizer.
*This is a very soothing mask, and good for all types of skin, but is especially well-suited to those with sensitive or dry skin.
2. Lemony Goodness Astringent Face Mask
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-2 teaspoons water (to desired consistency)
Blend the ingredients and apply to face. Leave on skin for 10-15 minutes, and then rinse off with warm water. Use your favorite skin toner to tighten pores and apply an oil-free moisturizer.
*This mask is especially helpful for those with oily skin or acne. The lemon juice acts as a drying agent, while healing honey serves as a natural antibiotic.
3. Amazing Avocado Face Mask
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Mix ingredients together in a bowl and apply avocado-banana paste to face. Lie still for 20 minutes to allow your skin to absorb the natural oils and nutrients, and then rinse.
*If you have enough Amazing Avocado Face Mask leftover to use for another treatment, the apple cider vinegar will help it stay fresh for 24 hours if refrigerated.
4. Everything’s Just Peachy Mask
- 1 ripe peach, mashed
- 1 egg white
Whisk or blend the ingredients and apply to face. Allow mask to tighten on face for 15-20 minutes, and then rinse with cool water.
*This is a simple, rejuvenating mask that will loosen pores with peach enzymes, and tighten them back up with egg whites for a fresh, dewy appearance.
5. Youthful Milk Mask
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of honey
Mix the ingredients well and smooth over skin. Rinse with cool water after 15-20 minutes.
*This is a powerful anti-aging mask with rich ingredients that moisturize and nourish skin.
Don’t forget to give your skin a good cleaning session before you apply the face mask of your choice (olive oil and sugar works great to naturally exfoliate), and feel free to place chilled cucumber slices over your eyes while you wait for the mask to work.
Until you get the chance to schedule a day at your favorite spa, you can use these holistic facial treatments to find a little relaxation and beauty indulgence time for yourself wherever and whenever you can.
Ashley Greer is a professional blogger that provides insight and advice on men’s and women’s formal wear. She writes for Night Moves by Allure, a leading supplier of prom dresses, Quinceanera gowns, and prom shoes.