- 6 Vivacious Valentine’s Day Outfit Ideas (by Ashley Stewart)Posted 1 year ago
- Available Now: The New Sizzling GabiFresh for Swim Sexy 2016 CollectionPosted 1 year ago
- SWAK Designs Holiday Bliss LookbookPosted 1 year ago
- Stunning Holiday Styles from Kiyonna (Our 9 Top Picks)Posted 1 year ago
- How to Mix & Match The Easy WayPosted 1 year ago
- How to Measure Yourself When Ordering a Plus Size DressPosted 1 year ago
- Should Plus Size Women Wear Pencil or A-Line Skirts?Posted 1 year ago
- Pretty Prom: Emma by Sydney’s ClosetPosted 3 years ago
- How To Dress A Busty Hour Glass Figure Stylishly!Posted 3 years ago
- Wedding Wednesday: Ready for Romance by Sydney’s ClosetPosted 3 years ago
Easy Body Scrubs to Make at Home
Exfoliating can give your skin the push it needs to renew itself. Dead skin cells are buffed away and new, fresh skin underneath can make its grand appearance. Body scrubs are pretty simple to make at home, too, since most of them contain sugar, which you probably already have in your cupboard.
Beach Bum Scrub
Whether you’re hanging at the beach or just dreaming of waves, this beach-y scrub will transport you to paradise. Add the following ingredients to a small jar and shake well to combine:
- 1 cup of coarse sea salt
- 6 drops of sweet orange essential oil
- 4 drops of jasmine essential oil
Next, combine the following ingredients in a large plastic pail:
- The salt you just scented in the jar
- 4 tablespoons of oil (choose from olive, camellia or jojoba)
- 2 handfuls of wet sand
Mix the ingredients together with your hands. This scrub is perfect for trouble areas and dry skin patches, like ones on your knees, heels and elbows.
Honey Bee Scrub
Honey is one of the best ingredients you can use if you have dry skin, because it helps to retain moisture. In a bowl, combine the following ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of pure honey
- 1/4 cup of light olive oil
- 1 cup of granulated or raw sugar
- 2 teaspoons of citrus zest (optional for scent)
Blend the ingredients well and store the scrub in a glass jar.
Perfectly Purified Scrub
Combine the following ingredients to make a paste:
- 3/4 cup of Epsom salts
- 1/4 cup of baking soda
- 4 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- Jojoba or almond oil, enough to make a paste
Apply the scrub to your body, but don’t use it on your face. Rinse the scrub off with warm water.
Sugar and Spice Scrub
In a large bowl, combine the following ingredients:
- 2 teaspoons of ground cloves
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of dried rose petals
- 2 teaspoons of grated orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups of sesame oil
Store the scrub in a cool, dark place. Twice a week, when skin is damp, use your hands or a washcloth to scrub skin in small circles.
More DIY Body Scrub Tips
- Love the smell of coffee? Now you can sniff java in the shower! Coffee grounds are traditionally used as a body scrub in Thailand and Bali. Mix in peppermint essential oil to really wake up the senses. Add some raw sugar and olive oil for the perfect morning body scrub.
- Most DIY body scrubs contain olive oil, which can be a major hazard in the bathtub. Make sure to scrub the tub after you show so that nobody slips!
- If you have a heart condition, diabetes or high blood pressure, don’t use Epsom salts in your body scrub.
Don’t Forget to Moisturize!
Now that you’ve thoroughly scrubbed your skin, you’ll need a good moisturizer to stay supple. Make your own moisturizing concoction by simply adding a few drops of yummy smelling essential oil to grapeseed oil. Grapeseed oil has antioxidants and it’s easily absorbed, so your skin won’t feel greasy.
Sharron Easley is a professional blogger that enjoys providing information on do-it-yourself candles, lotions and soaps. She writes for the Chemistry Store, the best place to buy liquid soap bases online, cocoa butter and other oils or chemicals.